It is difficult to summarize whether Slotwhales Casino is a good casino or not in one sentence. There are some great aspects of it, and there are definitely some areas in which the house has a lot of ground for improvement. For example, there is an absolutely massive library of games you can enjoy with the casino, and we counted over 80 game suppliers it had partnered with, in order to deliver a very competitive amount of games. The casino is pretty fresh, as it has been launched recently, and is only a couple of weeks old at most at the time of writing.
On the other hand, the payments policies with the casino are just downright terrible! There is no other way to describe them, as they are too restrictive, with just two means of deposit available. There is also a very high minimum withdrawal amount, as well as fees, charged by the house itself. We rarely see such an uncompetitive payments policy nowadays, and it is really puzzling that Slotwhales Casino has chosen it. Secondly, despite its recent launch, the website design of Slotwhales Casino feels dated, and browsing its games is more of a chore than it is exciting.
It seems that, in order to give the house a fair rating, we need to examine all of these aspects of it in more detail. We have done that, and also provided you with everything else you need to know about it, in the following review below:
There is barely any information about the bonuses available on the casino's website or its Terms and Conditions. And nevertheless, we were able to discover the fact it has the following promotions to offer:
|Bonus||Min deposit||Max bonus||Wagering requirements||Cash out limit|
|Welcome Bonus||$25||300% up to $777||Unspecified||Unspecified|
|Sweet Weekend #1||$50||150% up to $5000||Unspecified||Unspecified|
|Sweet Weekend #2||$100||200% up to $10000||Unspecified||Unspecified|
|Freaky Friday||$25||100% up to $500||Unspecified||Unspecified|
These are very poorly outlined – all we know about them is the minimum deposit requirement and the maximum bonus. That is just not good enough, when there are not only benefits to the bonuses of casinos, but also certain restrictions that players need to comply with! These restrictions are the wagering requirements and the cash out limits, but none of the bonuses mentions them in the page with the house, dedicated to the promotions it offers.
The wagering requirements are elaborated on in the Terms and Conditions of the house. It is said that every one of its bonuses has such a requirement, but that is no surprise to anyone who has played in a casino before. We know that it is necessary to play though each bonus a certain amount of times before you can withdraw it. What Slotwhales Casino fails to mention is just how many times you need to do so! Usually, houses set these requirements anywhere between 30x and 40x – but this one could have picked a different one, which is either higher or lower than this range. We have no way of knowing without an explicit mention of this bonus condition.
Another restriction which bonuses often come with is the cash out limit. This is a bit more rare, and represents the maximum amount up to which you can profit from the promotions. Usually, that is set to around 10x the received bonus, or 5x it. Slotwhales Casino does not mention having such a requirement, and it is possible that it does not apply to its promotions. Now, let's take a look at each of these promotions, to see what the house has to offer with regards to them:
- The Welcome Bonus is only available once, on the first time you deposit with the casino. That said, it has a rather high minimum deposit requirement. Most houses demand €20 to be cashed in if you want to claim any one of their promotions, but this one comes with a €25 minimum entry cost. What you get for that is a massive bonus of 300%, up to a maximum of €777. This is a comparatively high multiplier for your funds, but without access to the wagering requirement of the bonus, there's no way for us to know whether actually cashing the funds out is realisitc.
- Next, there are two different promotions available on the weekend. The first of them is called Sweet Weekend #1 and has another enormous multiplier of 150% your deposits, with a maximum of €5000. The minimum you need to cash in is very high, though – €50 or more.
- The second Sweet Weekend Bonus has an even higher minimum deposit of twice what the previous one demanded. It also has a higher multiplier of 200%, as well as a massive bonus maximum of €10 000. However, we have no clue whether you can get the bonus if you have not used the previous one, or whether you need to cash them in during the same weekend and so on. Once again, the opaque nature of the bonuses with Slotwhales Casino makes them pretty unattractive.
- Freaky Friday is a bonus you will have access to at the end of each work week. Cash in €25 or more and enjoy a 100% bonus of up to €500. This is the most straightforward promotion of everything the casino has to offer, besides the Welcome bonus.
- There is also a Rakeback Bonus which gives the players a chance to stack small amounts of money on each bet they make, regardless of the outcome. This money is 3% of the House advantage. The Advantage represents the percentage of money the casino will win, and is usually around 3-5% of every bet you make. This means the bonus is 3% of that small percentage, but we are not going to criticize it for its size – rakeback bonuses are usually this big. The point of them is for the player to collect money on every bet they make, which they can cash out once they reach a certain amount. Speaking of which, there is no way to know what this amount is with the casino, nor whether there are any restrictions on the bonus.
- Finally, there are some VIP Bonuses. These are daily, weekly and monthly rewards, about which Slotwhales Casino says absolutely nothing. It is not clear how you can even enter the VIP program at all, much less what you stand to gain from it!
The regulation of this casino is one of its best aspects. Here is what Slotwhales Casino has to say about the license that it holds:
It claims to be licensed in Curacao, which is actually the most popular destination for casinos to get regulated in nowadays. This is because the four master license holders there, the bodies which oversee the egaming sector of the small Caribbean country, have managed to achieve a pretty intricate balance, between the interests of players and the ones of casino operators. Before we examine what that means, how can we be sure that this is a licensed casino? Well, the logo you see in the middle of the top row of the previous screenshot can be clicked. This brings us to the following page:
What you see here is an excerpt from the register of Gaming Curacao. This body is one of the four master-license holders, and it requires every one of the subjects it regulates to have a Digital seal on its website – the logo we mentioned. Through it, we are able to verify that Slotwhales Casino is operated on a licensed domain, run by a licensed casino operator.
What does that mean in terms of the protections you will have available as a player, though? Well, here is everything you need to know about the benefits Gaming Curacao extends to you:
- Firstly, the casino games you play nowadays mostly use random number generators to produce their outcomes. The ones which do not are live dealer Table games. These generators are submitted by licensed casinos to independent auditors, picked by the regulatory bodies. Said auditors are able to make sure you are playing actual games of chance, and that there is no bias towards the house in them.
- The second set of protections has to do with your data. As with any other house, Slotwhales Casino needs a lot of personal information about every one of its players. This helps it comply with AML and KYC rules, which, in turn, help prevent financial crime. However, it is very important for the data you hand over to be protected, because it leaking or being obtained by hackers could be pretty bad news for you. That is why licensed houses use some of the toughest means of encrypting said data, in order to make it very difficult for anyone to obtain it from them via any illegitimate means.
- Finally, licensed casinos are required to take problem gambling seriously and even combat it. That is done in several ways. Firstly, the houses need to offer the player a lot of information about what that kind of problem can look like and where you can seek help if you have developed it. Secondly, they need to make sure that there are self-exclusion measures you can use. Said measures can be custom deposit limits you can set, or even the ability to close down your account!
In general, we greatly prefer dealing with licensed casinos because they are much safer. However, let's get back to covering this house, and more specifically, the languages its website can be viewed in, as well as the restricted countries from where it does not accept players:
Restricted countries: Afghanistan, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Bolivia, Cayman Islands, China, France, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jersey, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Montenegro, Netherlands, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russian Federation, San Marino, Spain, Syria, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam
Deposit and Withdrawal
Cashing in and out of the casino is one of the worst parts about anything it has to offer. There are just two means of payment – credit cards and crypto. Credit cards are banned for deposits to casinos in a number of jurisdictions, like the UK, for instance. As for crypto, it can be difficult to use for some, or just cumbersome for others.
There is just not enough choice of deposit methods, and what is available is also pretty uncompetitive. Still, let's take a closer look at both the means of cashing in and the currencies you can use to do so:
|Deposit method||Minimum||Maximum||Processing time||Fee|
Currencies: Euro (EUR), Russian Ruble (RUB), Tether (USDT), Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum (ETH)
The minimum deposit is set to €20, which is on the high end of what most houses tend to demand of their players. At least there are no fees by Slotwhales Casino, but third party charges will need to be covered by the player. Note that these charges include the miner fees, which you will have to deal with for any crypto transaction.
Now, let's also take a look at the withdrawal policies:
|Withdrawal method||Minimum||Maximum||Processing time||Fee|
|Bank||Unspecified||€1000||up to 36 hours||Free|
|Crypto||€25||€1000||up to 36 hours||€6 Fee!|
The least concerning thing about them is the fact that you need to wager your deposited funds at least once (3x for table games) before you can cash out. This is a common AML policy, which we expect to find with casinos these days.
What is actually troubling is the fact that the minimum withdrawal amount is not mentioned for the Bank transfers Slotwhales Casino processes. The other payment method you can use, crypto, has a high minimum of €25, which is just not competitive when houses these days can allow you to cash out €10 or sometimes even less. About the times it takes to cash out, the casino says that your request “could” be processed within 36 hours. Such vague language is very unhelpful!
But what's worst of all is the fact that there is a flat €6 fee for any withdrawal with crypto. This is unacceptable, as most houses nowadays do not have withdrawal fees. Add the miner fees you need to cover on top of that, and you'll see why we think cashing out of Slotwhales Casino is such a hassle! We have no information on this fee being applicable to FIAT cash-outs, but that is likely too.
Finally, here is a clause which outlines what the casino does to inactive accounts:
This fee is the least problematic charge with the casino! Most of its peers have a similar policy towards dormant accounts, too, so it does not represent any issues.
Games and Game Suppliers
Here is a list of the Game Suppliers we saw featured on this casino's website:
Game providers: Virtual Generation, Vivo Gaming, Wazdan, Wizard, Yggdrasil, Zeusplay, Spinmatic, Spribe, Thunderkick, Tom Horn, TPG, Triple Cherry, TrueLab, Turbogames, Tvbet, Spearhead, Smartsoft Gaming, Slotmill, Skywind, RubyPlay, Revolver Gaming, Relax Gaming, Red Tiger Gaming, Platipus, Play Pearls, Playson, PragmaticPlay, Print Studios, Quickspin, Real Time Gaming, Red Rake, Microgaming, Mr Slotty, NetEnt, NetGaming, Nolimit City, OneTouch, Onlyplay, PGSoft, Iron Dog Studio, KA Gaming, Kalamba, Kiron, Leap-Gaming, LuckyStreak, Mancala, Maverick, Funky Games, Funta, GameArt, Gamefish Global, Games Inc, Gamzix, Golden Race, Habanero, Hacksaw, Evolution, Evoplay, Ezugi, Fantasma, Fazi, Felix Gaming, Fugaso, CT Interactive, ELK, Elysium Studios, Endorphina, Espresso Games, BetGames.tv, Betsolutions, BGaming, Big Time Gaming, Blueprint, Booongo, Caleta, Charismatic, Cool Games, CQ Gaming, 1x2gaming, 7Mojos, Amatic, Amigo Gaming, Apollo Games, BBGames, Bet2Tech, Other
This is a very impressive amount, as we generally expect to see around 50 developers. It is fair to say Slotwhales Casino has gone above and beyond in this regard. But browsing the games is a different matter entirely. They are separated in the categories below, but none of the pages on the Slotwhales Casino website which bring up either of these categories works! You are stuck with viewing the entire catalog of the casino, from the All Games Section. Needless to say, this means browsing the games is a chore. Still, here are the types of games you can play:
- Slots: Tons of Slots are available, and you can enjoy popular games like Big Bass Bonanza, Book of Dead, Wolf's Gold, Starburst, Dangerous Beauty and so on. However, these are vastly different games and we would have liked to see them filterable, by either their themes or their mechanics!
- Table Games: Within the Live Casino section of the Slotwhales Casino website, you will be able to find many different versions of Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack and Roulettes, available in various rulesets and languages.
- Game Shows: Within the same section, you will be able to play game shows like Crazy Time, Gonzo's Treasure Map, Funky Time and so on. However, it would have been nice for them to be separate from the Table games we just mentioned.
- Crash games: Here, fans of Aviator and other such fast-paced games will be able to enjoy a couple of these titles.
- Lottery, Casual Games: We suspect these sections of the casino are supposed to include different scratch tickets, bingo and arcade games. At the time of writing, they are just empty, though.
Overall, we don't feel like Slotwhales Casino should be recommended, and that is entirely because of its lackluster payments policy. As much as we like how many games it has to offer, we are just not impressed with the deposit and withdrawal conditions. Also, the bonuses seemed somehwat shoddy, as we do not know a lot of their important restrictions. So, in conclusion, we recommend checking out a more player-friendly casino which will let you cash out in a more convenient way.
Slotwhales Casino Pros and Cons
|Curacao-licensed casino||Lackluster bonuses|
|Over 50 Game Suppliers||Lack of transparency around payments|
|Vast amount of games to play||Low amount of payment methods|
|High minimum withdrawal|